Now Announcing Our August 2022 Community Champion 🥳

Pantheon’s Community Team is thrilled to share that Paul Kittredge (@paulkittredge), Director of Digital Services at Bonterra (formerly of EveryAction/NGP VAN), is our Community Champion of the Month for August 2022. :trophy:

Paul, whose preferred CMS is Drupal, has been selected as this month’s Community Champion for his unwavering support and commitment to helping others both on and offline. Paul can often be found in our Developer Community Slack channels answering questions and sharing resources on Drupal, Composer, the Pantheon Platform, and other open source topics. Two recent examples of Paul in action on our Community Slack include when he jumped in to help Dolly K install a custom Drupal website theme and adjust their website’s appearance and when he assisted Kelly Bell when they were experiencing issues with their Drupal 7 to Drupal 8 upgraded site and how its existing session cookies started to create “access denied” errors for authenticated users.

When we asked Paul what inspired him to do the work he does today and get involved in open source, this is what he had to say:

I feel compelled to help people solve their problems, and I’ve figured out that a lot of people have problems with their digital experiences. It’s not going to save the world, but as long as I can make a lot of people a little bit happier, I can sleep well at night.

Paul also shared what he enjoys most about being a part of our community:

Developers are a friendly bunch of people, and I really appreciate that all the folks that spend time here in the Pantheon community are willing to spend that time helping others, as best as they can.

And when we asked Paul about his hidden superpower, he replied with:

I’m pretty good at listening to people.

We’re so glad Paul’s passion for open source, problem solving, and helping others led him to web development and Pantheon! Our community wouldn’t be the same without you, Paul.

From the bottom of our heart, we thank you for all you do each and every day to make our community and the open web a better place. We’re so lucky to have you as an integral part of our community and look forward to seeing all the amazing things you’ll continue to do in the future!

Everyone, please join us in congratulating Paul! :clap:

We also want to note that for this month, Paul has opted to forgo receiving a gift and instead selected a charity that we’ll be donating to on his behalf. We’ll be making a donation to So Others Might Eat (SOME), which provides material aid and comfort to the poor and homeless population in Washington, DC.

Your Community Team :black_heart::yellow_heart:,

@vee.vopham, @McKennaR, and @katie.richards

Interested in learning more about what it takes to become a Community Champion and all the perks that come with it? Read all about it here.

If you would like to nominate someone in our community to become the next Community Champion of the Month, take a few minutes to fill out this form.