The Citadel, the Military College of South Carolina is hiring a Webmaster / Digital Communications Coordinator within it’s Office of Communications and Marketing. Competence with Wordpress/Pantheon is a must. You can learn more and apply here: Jobs - Job Details - Webmaster / Digital Communications Coordinator
The Webmaster / Digital Communications Coordinator builds and maintains all external facing websites including citadel.edu, The Citadel Today, and special pages for communications and marketing efforts as needed. They oversee the first impression and user experience of the college’s web presence, and enhance the capacity of the Office of Communications and Marketing to transmit integrated messaging to target audiences across an array of digital media.
The current primary objective is to lead the migration of the college’s main website to the new content management system. Ongoing objectives include developing more impactful templates for key admissions pages, creating and integrating new website features that enhance the user experience, and building efficiencies within the CMS backend.
The Webmaster / Digital Communications Coordinator also serves as a liason between OCM and the Department of Information Technology Services.
- Website management, design and development: Oversees content, site architecture, design and development of templates for the college website. Routinely monitors the website to be sure all content is current, effective and aligned with the messages being issued in other media. Leads periodic redesign and implementation of new features.
- CMS user support and training: Assists campus departments with creation of web content and teaches them how to use the college’s content management system. Provides CMS training and user support via one-on-one consulting and small group workshops. Teaches and encourages department contributors to follow best practices for web content, and to be proactive and creative with their web presence.
- Website optimization and consistency: Continually improve search engine optimization (SEO), maintain a consistent website architecture, and ensure adherence to the college’s brand guidelines.
- Web governance: Leads strategic planning for web governance and quality assurance with regard to the college’s public facing website. Helps the college ensure web content complies with ADA standards for accessible design by optimizing content and teaching best practices to department contributors.
- Communications: Implement communication plans, in conjunction with other OCM staff, for campus-wide initiatives and in response to events impacting the college. Support marketing efforts by building landing pages and implementing Google Tag Manager as needed.
- Miscellaneous : Represent OCM on councils and committees as needed. Other duties as assigned.
This position resides in the college’s central communications and marketing office. Under minimal supervision, the Webmaster / Digital Communications Coordinator reports to the Director of Marketing. Overnight travel may occasionally be required for professional development. Occasional after hours support is possible.
- Bachelor’s degree in web development, graphic design, or related field
- At least three years of professional experience in web development, design and content management.
- Must be a proficient web designer and developer who thinks like a marketer
- Strong knowledge of responsive web design and open-source content management systems is a must
- Familiarity with WordPress theme and plugin development is required
- PHP, HTML and CSS experience required, as well as experience with Git and development workflows
- Experience in search engine optimization, increasing web traffic, and engaging key audiences online
- Must possess excellent writing and communication skills
- Must be a self starter with great attention to detail
- Must be able to lead projects or work closely with a variety of persons and teams
- Must be able to act with discretion and good judgment, balancing competing priorities
- Graphic design and copywriting experience is a plus, as is an understanding of marketing/communications strategies and tactics.
- Higher education experience is also a plus.
Please note, in addition to your online application, you will need to upload a portfolio of your work (or include a link to your portfolio in your resume). This is required as part of the application process.
The Citadel is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate against any individual, or group of individuals, on the basis of age, color, race, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, pregnancy, national origin, genetic information or veteran’s status in its employment practices. The Citadel has a culturally diverse faculty and staff committed to working in a multicultural environment. We encourage applications from minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans.