Ohio Northern University strives to expand its website reach; foster engaging interactions with prospective students and parents, alumni and current students faculty, staff and students; raise its user satisfaction; improve website conversions and processes, and support university brand and marketing strategic goals with measurable outcomes. Desired candidates should demonstrate a high-level of Drupal expertise, strong ability to research and implement search engine optimized keywords and content, and continually stay abreast of rapidly emerging technologies.
ONU seeks a user experience and front-end Drupal website developer who is skilled in content creation and SEO management with a marketing focus.
• Design, develop, maintain and improve web pages, user interfaces and interactive experiences for the University’s web site(s).
• Conceptualize, draft, execute, and maintain website content that uses best practices for search engine optimization and internal site search and is optimized for conversion.
• Communicate effectively and manage contract parameters with website hosting (Pantheon) and website management (KWALL) partners.
• Develop, implement, manage and improve web page templates, frameworks, style sheets and modules.
• Continuously learn, adopt and implement modern web development techniques and practices for mobile-first, fast-loading, user-centered web experiences.
• Lead efforts to improve user experience by analyzing web analytics data, conducting and analyzing user testing, and implementing and sustaining user/constituent feedback activities.
• Lead continuous efforts to provide accessible web experiences for people with disabilities that are compliant with federal and other regulations.
• Coordinate with team members to ensure web site(s) can adapt quickly and easily in response to continuous changes in web content, applications and priorities.
• Coordinate website brand identity and overall look and feel of the University’s web site(s) in alignment with brand standards.
• Implement smart and sustainable SEO best practice strategies and conduct keyword research with tools like Google Search Console, Moz, SEMRush, etc.
• Conduct content and site audits to identify content and technical SEO opportunities and threats.
• Work with creative team to drive SEO in digital asset creation.
• Oversees the monitoring and reporting of key analytics and provides relevant analysis and recommendations
• Establishes protocols for web policies, ensures adherence to style guidelines, and maintains monitoring systems for key web functions
• Other duties as assigned
• Experience using Drupal CMS
• Experience with SEO tools including: Moz, Buzzstream, SEMRush, Google Search Console, BrightEdge, Conductor, SearchMetrics, Google Analytics and link research tools (Majestic SEO, Open Site Explorer, Ahrefs, Kerboo etc.)
• Experience working cross-functionally
• Ability to work cooperatively and to discuss issues of importance with constituents at all levels and in all units of the University
• Bachelor’s degree required.
• Three to five years of Drupal CMS and SEO content management, and writing experience
• Understanding of key website analytics
• Five or more years of similar work experience
• Content management, SEO and creative experience (video, audio, written, custom graphics, etc.)