Pantheon Community

Help With Updating to Drupal 8.8.1 with composer

Hello,

This is my first post on the community here.

I have been using the Pantheon platform for about a year now and have run into a dead end issue. Support seems to having issues helping me, so I was directed here. I am not an expert with the terminal or composer, so I am sure that is hampering me, though I do follow the tutorials closely.

With this, I am 2 months behind on drupal updates for this environment and can’t seem to move forward.

Context, I had to install Solr, which means I needed to install Composer. With that, it appears that I can no longer use the Pantheon upstream update feature.

Whenever I press the Update button, I get this error:

`CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in vendor/typo3/phar-stream-wrapper/src/PharStreamWrapper.php,CONFLICT (modify/delete): vendor/typo3/phar-stream-wrapper/.appveyor.yml deleted in HEAD and modified in upstream/master. Version upstream/master of vendor/typo3/phar-stream-wrapper/.appveyor.yml left in tree.,CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in vendor/twig/twig/src/Environment.php,CONFLICT (modify/delete): vendor/twig/twig/phpunit.xml.dist deleted in HEAD and modified in upstream/master. Version upstream/master of vendor/twig/twig/phpunit.xml.dist left in tree.,CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in vendor/twig/twig/CHANGELOG,CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in vendor/symfony/yaml/Dumper.php,CONFLICT (rename/delete): vendor/symfony/validator/Test/ForwardCompatTestTrait.php deleted in HEAD and renamed in upstream/master. Version upstream/master of vendor/symfony/validator/Test/ForwardCompatTestTrait.php left in tree.,CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in vendor/symfony/validator/ConstraintValidator.php,CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in vendor/symfony/polyfill-php70/composer.json,CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in vendor/symfony/polyfill-mbstring/composer.json,CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in vendor/symfony/polyfill-mbstring/Mbstring.php,CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in vendor/symfony/polyfill-iconv/composer.json,CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in vendor/symfony/polyfill-ctype/composer.json,CONFLICT (modify/delete): vendor/symfony/event-dispatcher/Tests/ImmutableEventDispatcherTest.php deleted in upstream/master and modified in HEAD. Version HEAD of vendor/symfony/event-dispatcher/Tests/ImmutableEventDispatcherTest.php left in tree.,CONFLICT (modify/delete): vendor/symfony/event-dispatcher/Tests/GenericEventTest.php deleted in upstream/master and modified in HEAD. Version HEAD of vendor/symfony/event-dispatcher/Tests/GenericEventTest.php left in tree.,CONFLICT (modify/delete): vendor/symfony/event-dispatcher/Tests/DependencyInjection/RegisterListenersPassTest.php deleted in upstream/master and modified in HEAD. Version HEAD of vendor/symfony/event-dispatcher/Tests/DependencyInjection/RegisterListenersPassTest.php left in tree.,CONFLICT (modify/delete): vendor/symfony/event-dispatcher/Tests/AbstractEventDispatcherTest.php deleted in upstream/master and modified in HEAD. Version HEAD of vendor/symfony/event-dispatcher/Tests/AbstractEventDispatcherTest.php left in tree.,CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in vendor/symfony/dependency-injection/Loader/XmlFileLoader.php,CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in vendor/symfony/console/Helper/QuestionHelper.php,CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in vendor/symfony/console/Application.php,CONFLICT (add/add): Merge conflict in vendor/psr/log/Psr/Log/Test/TestLogger.php,CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in vendor/pear/console_getopt/package.xml,CONFLICT (modify/delete): vendor/masterminds/html5/bin/entities.php deleted in upstream/master and modified in HEAD. Version HEAD of vendor/masterminds/html5/bin/entities.php left in tree.,CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in vendor/egulias/email-validator/composer.json,CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in vendor/egulias/email-validator/EmailValidator/Parser/DomainPart.php,CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in vendor/egulias/email-validator/EmailValidator/EmailLexer.php,CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in vendor/doctrine/inflector/lib/Doctrine/Common/Inflector/Inflector.php,CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in vendor/doctrine/inflector/composer.json,CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in vendor/doctrine/common/lib/Doctrine/Common/Version.php,CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in vendor/doctrine/common/lib/Doctrine/Common/Util/Debug.php,CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in vendor/doctrine/common/lib/Doctrine/Common/Proxy/ProxyGenerator.php,CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in vendor/doctrine/common/lib/Doctrine/Common/Proxy/Exception/UnexpectedValueException.php,CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in vendor/doctrine/common/lib/Doctrine/Common/Proxy/Autoloader.php,CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in vendor/doctrine/common/composer.json,CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in vendor/doctrine/collections/lib/Doctrine/Common/Collections/ExpressionBuilder.php,CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in vendor/doctrine/collections/lib/Doctrine/Common/Collections/Expr/Comparison.php,CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in vendor/doctrine/collections/lib/Doctrine/Common/Collections/Expr/ClosureExpressionVisitor.php,CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in vendor/doctrine/collections/lib/Doctrine/Common/Collections/ArrayCollection.php,CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in vendor/doctrine/collections/composer.json,CONFLICT (add/add): Merge conflict in vendor/doctrine/collections/CONTRIBUTING.md,CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in vendor/composer/installed.json,CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in vendor/composer/autoload_static.php,CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in vendor/composer/autoload_psr4.php,CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in vendor/composer/autoload_namespaces.php,CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in vendor/composer/autoload_files.php,CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in vendor/composer/autoload_classmap.php,CONFLICT (modify/delete): vendor/brumann/polyfill-unserialize/src/Unserialize.php deleted in upstream/master and modified in HEAD. Version HEAD of vendor/brumann/polyfill-unserialize/src/Unserialize.php left in tree.,CONFLICT (modify/delete): vendor/brumann/polyfill-unserialize/README.md deleted in upstream/master and modified in HEAD. Version HEAD of vendor/brumann/polyfill-unserialize/README.md left in tree.,CONFLICT (modify/delete): vendor/brumann/polyfill-unserialize/.gitignore deleted in upstream/master and modified in HEAD. Version HEAD of vendor/brumann/polyfill-unserialize/.gitignore left in tree.,CONFLICT (rename/delete): themes/demo/vendor/zendframework/zend-stdlib/mkdocs.yml deleted in upstream/master and renamed in HEAD. Version HEAD of themes/demo/vendor/zendframework/zend-stdlib/mkdocs.yml left in tree.,CONFLICT (rename/delete): themes/demo/vendor/zendframework/zend-stdlib/doc/bookdown.json deleted in upstream/master and renamed in HEAD. Version HEAD of themes/demo/vendor/zendframework/zend-stdlib/doc/bookdown.json left in tree.,CONFLICT (rename/delete): themes/demo/vendor/zendframework/zend-stdlib/doc/book/migration.md deleted in upstream/master and renamed in HEAD. Version HEAD of themes/demo/vendor/zendframework/zend-stdlib/doc/book/migration.md left in tree.,CONFLICT (rename/delete): themes/demo/vendor/zendframework/zend-stdlib/doc/book/index.html deleted in upstream/master and renamed in HEAD. Version HEAD of themes/demo/vendor/zendframework/zend-stdlib/doc/book/index.html left in tree.,CONFLICT (rename/delete): themes/demo/vendor/zendframework/zend-stdlib/benchmark/RemovePriorityQueue.php deleted in upstream/master and renamed in HEAD. Version HEAD of themes/demo/vendor/zendframework/zend-stdlib/benchmark/RemovePriorityQueue.php left in tree.,CONFLICT (rename/delete): themes/demo/vendor/zendframework/zend-stdlib/benchmark/InsertPriorityQueue.php deleted in upstream/master and renamed in HEAD. Version HEAD of themes/demo/vendor/zendframework/zend-stdlib/benchmark/InsertPriorityQueue.php left in tree.,CONFLICT (rename/delete): themes/demo/vendor/zendframework/zend-stdlib/benchmark/ExtractPriorityQueue.php deleted in upstream/master and renamed in HEAD. Version HEAD of themes/demo/vendor/zendframework/zend-stdlib/benchmark/ExtractPriorityQueue.php left in tree.,CONFLICT (rename/delete): themes/demo/vendor/zendframework/zend-stdlib/CONTRIBUTING.md deleted in upstream/master and renamed in HEAD. Version HEAD of themes/demo/vendor/zendframework/zend-stdlib/CONTRIBUTING.md left in tree.,CONFLICT (rename/delete): themes/demo/vendor/zendframework/zend-feed/mkdocs.yml deleted in upstream/master and renamed in HEAD. Version HEAD of themes/demo/vendor/zendframework/zend-feed/mkdocs.yml left in tree.,CONFLICT (rename/delete): themes/demo/vendor/zendframework/zend-feed/doc/book/writer.md deleted in upstream/master and renamed in HEAD. Version HEAD of themes/demo/vendor/zendframework/zend-feed/doc/book/writer.md left in tree.,CONFLICT (rename/delete): themes/demo/vendor/zendframework/zend-feed/doc/book/security.md deleted in upstream/master and renamed in HEAD. Version HEAD of themes/demo/vendor/zendframework/zend-feed/doc/book/security.md left in tree.,CONFLICT (rename/delete): themes/demo/vendor/zendframework/zend-feed/doc/book/reader.md deleted in upstream/master and renamed in HEAD. Version HEAD of themes/demo/vendor/zendframework/zend-feed/doc/book/reader.md left in tree.,CONFLICT (rename/delete): themes/demo/vendor/zendframework/zend-feed/doc/book/pubsubhubbub.md deleted in upstream/master and renamed in HEAD. Version HEAD of themes/demo/vendor/zendframework/zend-feed/doc/book/pubsubhubbub.md left in tree.,CONFLICT (rename/delete): themes/demo/vendor/zendframework/zend-feed/doc/book/intro.md deleted in upstream/master and renamed in HEAD. Version HEAD of themes/demo/vendor/zendframework/zend-feed/doc/book/intro.md left in tree.,CONFLICT (rename/delete): themes/demo/vendor/zendframework/zend-feed/doc/book/index.html deleted in upstream/master and renamed in HEAD. Version HEAD of themes/demo/vendor/zendframework/zend-feed/doc/book/index.html left in tree.,CONFLICT (rename/delete): themes/demo/vendor/zendframework/zend-feed/doc/book/importing.md deleted in upstream/master and renamed in HEAD. Version HEAD of themes/demo/vendor/zendframework/zend-feed/doc/book/importing.md left in tree.,CONFLICT (rename/delete): themes/demo/vendor/zendframework/zend-feed/doc/book/http-clients.md deleted in upstream/master and renamed in HEAD. Version HEAD of themes/demo/vendor/zendframework/zend-feed/doc/book/http-clients.md left in tree.,CONFLICT (rename/delete): themes/demo/vendor/zendframework/zend-feed/doc/book/find-feeds.md deleted in upstream/master and renamed in HEAD. Version HEAD of themes/demo/vendor/zendframework/zend-feed/doc/book/find-feeds.md left in tree.,CONFLICT (rename/delete): themes/demo/vendor/zendframework/zend-feed/doc/book/consuming-rss.md deleted in upstream/master and renamed in HEAD. Version HEAD of themes/demo/vendor/zendframework/zend-feed/doc/book/consuming-rss.md left in tree.,CONFLICT (rename/delete): themes/demo/vendor/zendframework/zend-feed/doc/book/consuming-atom.md deleted in upstream/master and renamed in HEAD. Version HEAD of themes/demo/vendor/zendframework/zend-feed/doc/book/consuming-atom.md left in tree.,CONFLICT (rename/delete): themes/demo/vendor/zendframework/zend-feed/doc/book/consuming-atom-entry.md deleted in upstream/master and renamed in HEAD. Version HEAD of themes/demo/vendor/zendframework/zend-feed/doc/book/consuming-atom-entry.md left in tree.,CONFLICT (rename/delete): themes/demo/vendor/zendframework/zend-feed/CONTRIBUTING.md deleted in upstream/master and renamed in HEAD. Version HEAD of themes/demo/vendor/zendframework/zend-feed/CONTRIBUTING.md left in tree.,CONFLICT (rename/delete): themes/demo/vendor/zendframework/zend-escaper/mkdocs.yml deleted in upstream/master and renamed in HEAD. Version HEAD of themes/demo/vendor/zendframework/zend-escaper/mkdocs.yml left in tree.,CONFLICT (rename/delete): themes/demo/vendor/zendframework/zend-escaper/doc/book/theory-of-operation.md deleted in upstream/master and renamed in HEAD. Version HEAD of themes/demo/vendor/zendframework/zend-escaper/doc/book/theory-of-operation.md left in tree.,CONFLICT (rename/delete): themes/demo/vendor/zendframework/zend-escaper/doc/book/intro.md deleted in upstream/master and renamed in HEAD. Version HEAD of themes/demo/vendor/zendframework/zend-escaper/doc/book/intro.md left in tree.,CONFLICT (rename/delete): themes/demo/vendor/zendframework/zend-escaper/doc/book/index.html deleted in upstream/master and renamed in HEAD. Version HEAD of themes/demo/vendor/zendframework/zend-escaper/doc/book/index.html left in tree.,CONFLICT (rename/delete): themes/demo/vendor/zendframework/zend-escaper/doc/book/escaping-url.md deleted in upstream/master and renamed in HEAD. Version HEAD of themes/demo/vendor/zendframework/zend-escaper/doc/book/escaping-url.md left in tree.,CONFLICT (rename/delete): themes/demo/vendor/zendframework/zend-escaper/doc/book/escaping-javascript.md deleted in upstream/master and renamed in HEAD. Version HEAD of themes/demo/vendor/zendframework/zend-escaper/doc/book/escaping-javascript.md left in tree.,CONFLICT (rename/delete): themes/demo/vendor/zendframework/zend-escaper/doc/book/escaping-html.md deleted in upstream/master and renamed in HEAD. Version HEAD of themes/demo/vendor/zendframework/zend-escaper/doc/book/escaping-html.md left in tree.,CONFLICT (rename/delete): themes/demo/vendor/zendframework/zend-escaper/doc/book/escaping-html-attributes.md deleted in upstream/master and renamed in HEAD. Version HEAD of themes/demo/vendor/zendframework/zend-escaper/doc/book/escaping-html-attributes.md left in tree.,CONFLICT (rename/delete): themes/demo/vendor/zendframework/zend-escaper/doc/book/escaping-css.md deleted in upstream/master and renamed in HEAD. Version HEAD of themes/demo/vendor/zendframework/zend-escaper/doc/book/escaping-css.md left in tree.,CONFLICT (rename/delete): themes/demo/vendor/zendframework/zend-escaper/doc/book/configuration.md deleted in upstream/master and renamed in HEAD. Version HEAD of themes/demo/vendor/zendframework/zend-escaper/doc/book/configuration.md left in tree.,CONFLICT (rename/delete): themes/demo/vendor/zendframework/zend-escaper/CONTRIBUTING.md deleted in upstream/master and renamed in HEAD. Version HEAD of themes/demo/vendor/zendframework/zend-escaper/CONTRIBUTING.md left in tree.,CONFLICT (rename/delete): themes/demo/vendor/zendframework/zend-escaper/CONDUCT.md deleted in upstream/master and renamed in HEAD. Version HEAD of themes/demo/vendor/zendframework/zend-escaper/CONDUCT.md left in tree.,CONFLICT (rename/delete): themes/demo/vendor/zendframework/zend-diactoros/CONDUCT.md deleted in upstream/master and renamed in HEAD. Version HEAD of themes/demo/vendor/zendframework/zend-diactoros/CONDUCT.md left in tree.,CONFLICT (rename/delete): themes/demo/vendor/doctrine/inflector/phpunit.xml.dist deleted in upstream/master and renamed in HEAD. Version HEAD of themes/demo/vendor/doctrine/inflector/phpunit.xml.dist left in tree.,CONFLICT (rename/delete): themes/demo/vendor/doctrine/inflector/.travis.yml deleted in upstream/master and renamed in HEAD. Version HEAD of themes/demo/vendor/doctrine/inflector/.travis.yml left in tree.,CONFLICT (rename/delete): themes/demo/vendor/doctrine/inflector/.gitignore deleted in upstream/master and renamed in HEAD. Version HEAD of themes/demo/vendor/doctrine/inflector/.gitignore left in tree.,CONFLICT (rename/delete): themes/demo/vendor/doctrine/collections/phpunit.xml.dist deleted in upstream/master and renamed in HEAD. Version HEAD of themes/demo/vendor/doctrine/collections/phpunit.xml.dist left in tree.,CONFLICT (rename/delete): themes/demo/vendor/doctrine/collections/.travis.yml deleted in upstream/master and renamed in HEAD. Version HEAD of themes/demo/vendor/doctrine/collections/.travis.yml left in tree.,CONFLICT (rename/delete): themes/demo/vendor/doctrine/collections/.gitignore deleted in upstream/master and renamed in HEAD. Version HEAD of themes/demo/vendor/doctrine/collections/.gitignore left in tree.,CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in sites/default/settings.pantheon.php,CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in composer.lock,CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in composer.json`

After this, I am completely lost.

Thanks in advance

Hi @Curiousjoe, I assume you switched to Composer locally and pushed your changes to Pantheon via git? If so, what has worked for me in the past has been to check the button “Auto-resolve conflicts.” If this doesn’t work, it’ll probably be something where you may need to switch to the composer-based upstream from Pantheon but that required some extra help from one of Pantheon’s engineers.

I thought Solr was built into Pantheon dashboard (under settings button) so no need to use Composer? But I don’t have a lot of experience with Solr, so probably best bet would be to chat with an engineer is my guess.

Hello,

Thanks for the reply!

Solr is on the Dashboard, but does require a Composer workflow. I think the dashboard button allows access to the pantheon Solr server.

I’ve actually gotten passed this particular issue, but am now dealing with some module errors haha.