I’m so excited to be a part of such a welcoming community.
I’m John Richards, a Developer Advocate here at Pantheon and I live in St. Louis with my wife and a clowder of cats. I enjoy innovating simple solutions for complex challenges which is what led to my love of coding.
I started at an agency building custom PHP websites and applications in 2007. In 2013, I began developing WordPress themes and plugins as I took a job at Washington University in Saint Louis. Once you start doing WordPress, it doesn’t take long to discover the fabulous community around it and soon I began attending WordCamps. When WordCamp US came to Saint Louis last year, I became an organizer and loved it. I really wanted to do more community work, so when I saw Pantheon looking for a Developer Advocate I jumped at the opportunity.
That was all part of my WebOps Wednesday AMA introduction so here are a few bonus facts for coming to this thread .
My bucket list destination is Busan, South Korea.
- I fell in love with the language, culture, and cuisine due to an amazing college roommate.
- I’ve take 3 Korean language courses but never was comfortable enough to use it
I go to Geekway to the West every year.
- I have gotten to meet boardgame celebrities Tom Vassal, Eric Reuss and Jamey Stegmaier.
- I am not ashamed to admit I teared up after shaking Jamey’s hand.
I love Musicals though my tastes run pretty main stream.
- I love working (and crying) as I listen to the 10th anniversary Les Miserables soundtrack.
- I proposed to my wife while dressed as the Phantom of the Opera – it was Halloween, does that make it more or less odd?