Pantheon Community

Hello, I'm John Richards II

I’m so excited to be a part of such a welcoming community.

I’m John Richards, a Developer Advocate here at Pantheon and I live in St. Louis with my wife and a clowder of cats. I enjoy innovating simple solutions for complex challenges which is what led to my love of coding.

I started at an agency building custom PHP websites and applications in 2007. In 2013, I began developing WordPress themes and plugins as I took a job at Washington University in Saint Louis. Once you start doing WordPress, it doesn’t take long to discover the fabulous community around it and soon I began attending WordCamps. When WordCamp US came to Saint Louis last year, I became an organizer and loved it. I really wanted to do more community work, so when I saw Pantheon looking for a Developer Advocate I jumped at the opportunity.

That was all part of my WebOps Wednesday AMA introduction so here are a few bonus facts for coming to this thread :smiley: .

:airplane: My bucket list destination is Busan, South Korea.

• I fell in love with the language, culture, and cuisine due to an amazing college roommate.
  • I’ve take 3 Korean language courses but never was comfortable enough to use it

:game_die: I go to Geekway to the West every year.

• I have gotten to meet boardgame celebrities Tom Vassal, Eric Reuss and Jamey Stegmaier.
  • I am not ashamed to admit I teared up after shaking Jamey’s hand.

:musical_note: I love Musicals though my tastes run pretty main stream.

• I love working (and crying) as I listen to the 10th anniversary Les Miserables soundtrack.
  • I proposed to my wife while dressed as the Phantom of the Opera – it was Halloween, does that make it more or less odd?
1 Like

Need I say anymore? This literally made my day! Welcome to the team, & our community John! We are so excited to have you here!

:point_up_2: One of my favorite shows by the way!

1 Like

Yes!! a fellow burger fan!

My life goal is to someday be as cool as Louise.