Pantheon Community

Happy Pride Month! 🏳️‍🌈

Here at Pantheon we believe in showing up as you are! We seek to create a inclusive community culture where everyone feels welcomed to contribute. We are proud to celebrate and support the diversity of the LGBTQ+ community, honoring the historical fight for equal rights and acceptance around the world.

With COVID-19 restrictions beginning to lift, this year we will likely see a blend of both virtual celebrations & in-person events. For those of you who feel comfortable attending in-person events, here is a sneak peek into some awesome parades [and other events] coming up! :rainbow_flag:

To support our beloved LGBTQ+ community & allies, we will be highlighting some of our awesome community members & their stories. If you are interested in sharing your #PRIDE story with us, we would love to hear from you! You can email us at Community@Pantheon.io

How do you plan to celebrate Pride? Tag a friend to share! @sparklingrobots @katie.richards @KatieMac @carolyn
Pantheon

3 Likes

I love history, and genealogy. And I know one of the things that happens with LGBTQ+ people is their stories disappear; so much in our community members’ histories is hidden, was not written, was erased and forgotten. So, I’m interviewing living LGBTQ+ family members, asking them to tell me their stories, so I can include them in our family’s history. And I’m researching and writing about family members I know who were LGBTQ+, honoring their work, their beloved people, their stories, and trying to give them some of the affirmation they didn’t have.

2 Likes

I was not raised in a culture that supported, or even talked about, the LGBTQ+ community so I’m spending Pride month learning more about the history of Pride, supporting my LGBTQ+ friends, and learning what it means to be a better ally in my daily life

1 Like

So, I’m interviewing living LGBTQ+ family members, asking them to tell me their stories, so I can include them in our family’s history.

:arrow_up: That is so admirable & such a great idea @carolyn thank you for sharing that!! :heart:

Thanks for sharing @katie.richards! I actually had a very similar upbringing. Growing up in a small town, everyone knew everyone. Because of that, I think a lot of times those who associated themselves with the LGBTQ+ community didn’t feel safe to be themselves --so they didn’t speak out but instead kept it inside. The thought of that truly makes me sad. I will also openly share that I am a Christian who does support LGBTQ+. Despite the popular belief, there are quite a few of us out there [and that makes me smile]. It is our job to LOVE one another – he said it himself! Not to pass judgement, so I live my life through love–love for everyone! :yellow_heart: :rainbow_flag: Needless to say, I am also working on educating myself on how to be a better ally. If you have any cool resources you have found helpful, feel free to share!

My wife and I are actually going on vacation to Denver in a coupe of weeks and plan do visit some LGBTQ+ art museums.

This is the first year my wife is out as a trans woman so she is exploring being proud out in the open…when we get back to the SF bay area we’ll be exploring some gay-owned restaurants and comedy clubs.

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing :heart:

That sounds super fun! Denver is one of my favorite places :raised_hands: You will have to share what museums you visited afterwards! And lots of food photos–foodie over here!