We know this is a little early, but with everyone beginning to sign off for the Holiday weekend, we wanted to make sure to wish you all a very happy Thanksgiving To kick off the festivities, I figured I would share some fun facts I read on Good Houskeeping.
1. The first Thanksgiving was actually a three-day affair [sign me up! ]
2. The woman behind “Mary Had a Little Lamb” is also responsible for Thanksgiving’s recognition as a national holiday [I now love this lady that much more ]
3. America’s first turkey trot took place more than a century ago!
4. The Butterball Turkey Talk Line answers almost 100,000 calls each season [GUYS, there is a crisis team for those first time people–like myself! WHAT?]
5. The first Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade didn’t feature any balloons