Pantheon Community

Early Access to Drupal 9.0 with Integrated Composer!

This topic is temporarily closed for at least 4 hours due to a large number of community flags.

I would like to be included in the Drupal 9 Early Access group. Thanks

2 Likes

@b0b @amykhailova @skenley @wwwahe @jpsalter @diego_delgado You’ve all been added to the relevant group on Pantheon to start trying out D9 + Integrated Composer. I used the email address on your forum account.

I think I’ve gotten all volunteers so far but if I missed you, shout!

2 Likes

Please add me to early access.

2 Likes

@dsquaredb You got access too!

Thanks everyone for testing out Drupal 9 and feel free to keep the requests coming.

Also, for folks who are trying out Drupal 9 feel free to email me (matt@pantheon.io) or reply in the thread with how things are going and certainly any problems you are seeing. We are tweaking our platform, writing our Drupal 9 documentation, and getting it all ready to roll out.

1 Like

Please add me to the early access group as well - can’t wait to try it out!!!

2 Likes

Please add me to the early access group. Thank you!

2 Likes

@ultimike & @nackersa – You’re in! Let us know what you think!

Janet from The Good Place, waving

1 Like

Can you provide more details on the install process? Is this a Terminus thing or UI install? I don’t see D9 as an option in the UI.

2 Likes

@b0b Sure thing. If you want to use the UI, select the “Drupal 9 Early Access” organization when you spin up the site:

Once you’ve done that, you should see D9 as an upstream:

Hope that helps–let me know if you’re still having trouble.

1 Like

I tried using the method of using the upstream provided by the “Drupal 9 Early Access” organization and it didn’t work - kept getting the error:

But, when I forked pantheon-upstreams/drupal-project, and set up my own upstream as part of my organization, it worked.

I then cloned the site to my local and got it up-and-running using DDEV.

Once it was running, I was able to add a module using Composer, commit (just the composer.json and composer.lock) and push it back to Pantheon (along with the composer config version stuff which I don’t normally use). It all worked, so that’s pretty freakin’ great!

What’s the timeline to get this awesomeness out of beta?!

-mike

1 Like

Integrated composer stopped working for me. My first commit triggered the composer build process and created all of the managed files in the right place, but I made a commit earlier this morning and the build process never happened. When I SFTP into the server I can see that my new modules, config, and other files are not there. I opened a support ticket, but they directed me here for support.

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback @ultimike & @danny3413! Turns out Drupal 9.0 RC1 came out with a bug fix (#3120731) that invalidated a patch we needed to apply to properly inject DB credentials - https://raw.githubusercontent.com/stevector/drupal-9-project/master/patches/issue-1--core-install-error.patch.

We are removing the patch from the Drupal 9 Early Access upstream (https://github.com/stevector/drupal-9-project/pull/6) and once that’s merged should be good to go.

1 Like

Hi Matthew, would be great to have a crack at this. I’ve a test site up on Patheon running on 9.0.0-beta2 (updated from 8.9), but stuck there due to Maria DB version being under spec for beta3.
Hopefully the DB update kicks in soon!
cheers, Hugh

1 Like

I don’t think that is the issue. I haven’t upgraded to RC1 yet. I’m still on 9.0.0-beta3 and the issue is that integrated composer is not running.

1 Like

I just merge https://github.com/stevector/drupal-9-project/pull/6 and I was able to spin up a new site.

Though, when I try to merge that change into a pre-existing site, I get an error.

I don’t have access to the underlying logs behind that error but I’ll work on getting that access tomorrow to figure out what’s going on there. I was able to merge locally with Git.

1 Like

@muzza299 You’ve been added to the early access group for D9!

1 Like

I was just able (on my Drupal 8.8.6 test site) to do the following:

• On my local, use Composer to add a new module and increment the version number.
  • Git add/commit/push composer.json and composer.lock to the Pantheon repository.
  • Pantheon automatically pulled the commit and successfully ran composer --no-cache --no-interaction --no-progress --prefer-dist install
  • I verified the module was present and working on Pantheon Dev.

At this point, my only wish is for there to be some sort of confirmation on the Pantheon Dashboard that the “composer install” command ran successfully. Maybe just a small note in the “Workflows” dropdown that says something like Synced code on "dev", "composer install" successful.

Regardless, I’m super excited to roll out this functionality to my clients when ready!

-mike

1 Like

Could I get added to the early access group as well? Thanks!

1 Like