Pantheon Community

Drupal 9 and Solr?

We have several D8 sites and they all use Pantheon Solr Add-on. Am I correct that we cannot upgrade to D9 until the Pantheon Solr upgrades or if we move our search service elsewhere? How are others dealing with this?

Thanks!

1 Like

That’s true but we are actively working on getting Pantheon Solr support on D9. We recently started accepting people into early access. If you are interested in upgrading, I’d encourage you to reach out to your sales rep. They should be able to get you on that list.

Alternatively for external providers we have been recommending https://opensolr.com/ who we have had success working with in the past.

2 Likes

Thanks for replying @JohnRichardsII ! @purdy I saw your name on the EA list, which is fantastic! Guessing @katie.richards got you set up there :slight_smile:

Ok, great! How will I know when I have access to the EA?

I am checking on that for you as we speak :slight_smile: I will let you know what the team says.

Are there updates on the status of this? My team and I are ready to upgrade our Drupal 8 site to Drupal 9, but we use the Pantheon Solr Add-on.