Pantheon Community

COMING SOON! Gift of Open Source 2020

We could not be more excited to announce our very first, free, community event – Gift of Open Source! :gift:

Ohhhhh, please tell more…

The Gift of Open Source is an annual community challenge hosted by Pantheon that takes place during the month of December. The purpose of this event is to sprinkle some extra cheer during the holiday season by sharing the gift of open source with others!

In the spirit of inclusivity, we wanted to provide a way for open source enthusiasts from all backgrounds & skills levels to participate. With that being said, any contribution to Drupal core, WordPress core, Pantheon repos or any other open source project will count as participation. We invite contributions of all kinds too–not just code! :raised_hands:t4:

Okay, this is totally rad! Do I get something for participating…

Of course! In true Pantheon fashion, we will be giving away some pretty sweet swag for participating! Be one of the first 300 people to register & contribute by December 31st to earn a limited-edition, Gift Open Source t-shirt! Or if you’re feeling extra giving this season, you can opt out of receiving a t-shirt & in return we will donate those funds to the WordPress Foundation or Drupal Association --the choice is yours!

All other participants will receive a mystery swag bag for doing some good!

Count me in! Where do I register…

Registration opens up next Monday, November 2nd --so keep your eyes on this thread! :eyes: We will share the registration page & event FAQs here with you all next week!

Looking forward to spreading some extra cheer with you all! :black_heart: :orange_heart:

@sparklingrobots, @katie.richards, @McKennaR

8 Likes

can we show our earlier contributions as well or only the contributions done in the month of December would be considered

Hey there! :wave:

That’s a great question! In order for it to count towards scoring some awesome swag, you must show proof of your contribution here by Decemeber 31st. We will not count previous contributions, only those done between Dec. 1st-31st.

I hope this helps! But if you have anymore questions, please let us know! You can also find us on Slack. Feel free to join our channel: #gift-of-open-source.