Senior Software Engineer (front-end)
Clockwork is hiring a Senior Software Engineer who has a depth of experience doing front-end development and a passion for creating accessible and impactful experiences on modern tooling.
We expect someone in this role to:
- Build relationships with clients, develop empathy around their pains and gains, and understand their desired outcomes
- Provide technical leadership and guide discussions on approach, architecture, and implementation
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team of designers, engineers, and strategists in an Agile environment
- Deliver solutions that are right-sized and expertly develop front-end code building in accessibility from the start and
- Explain complex concepts in ways that are easily understandable to technical and non-technical audiences
- Work on multiple projects on different tech stacks in parallel
- Elevate risks on projects that would impact budget, schedule, scope, or fidelity
- Coach, mentor, and unblock other engineers
Our tech stack
- Languages: HTML, Sass, CSS, TypeScriptFrameworks: Vue, React, Angular, Foundation, Bootstrap, Tailwind
- Design systems: Material design libraries, Atomic design
- Mobile: Flutter
- Content management systems: Wordpress, Drupal, Craft, Contentful, HubSpot
- eCommerce: Shopify, WooCommerce, Big Commerce
- Version control: git, Bitbucket, GitHub
- Hosting and infrastructure: Amazon Web Services, Pantheon, Acquia, Netlify
- Bonus points for experience in NPM, Webpack, .NET, Java, static site generators, and testing (unit tests, BackstopJS, end-to-end testing)
Candidates who have experience with our tech stack are in an ideal position to deliver value to our clients. We also want to hear from you if you are passionate about learning and have experience building front-ends using similar technologies.
For 19 years, Clockwork has delivered human-centered experiences and right-sized solutions to clients across a variety of industries through a promise of digital done right. We are a values-driven organization: we tell the truth and keep our promises; we’re helpful, adaptable, curious, and fueled by challenge.
We aim to create an inclusive and respectful workplace for diverse humans. We know that diversity of identities, experiences, and ways of thinking results in better solutions for our clients, and the people they serve. And with each new hire is an opportunity for us to bring in a different perspective that can add to our company culture. Underrepresented communities such as people of color, women, LGBTQ, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply for this job.
Clockwork is based in Minneapolis, MN. This position is eligible for remote work.
In addition to our award-winning company culture, we also offer great benefits like:
- A remote-friendly work environment with an iconic headquarters in Northeast Minneapolis that you can work from if you want to (at least when it’s safe to do so)
- 401k and employer matching program
- Healthcare, dental, and vision coverage
- Family-friendly policies like flexible working schedules, babies-at-work
- Professional development time and budget
- A leadership team focused on implementing a race-equity vision
- A flexible work schedule that encourages ample PTO and sustainable working pace