Clockwork is hiring a people-centered engineering leader, with a depth and breadth of software expertise, to deliver right-sized solutions as a doer and as a leader of a team.
A Principal Software Engineer at Clockwork models technical leadership, makes other engineers better, and drives the practice of software engineering forward. As a Delivery Lead, they are the leader of a cross-functional team and a champion that guides projects towards successful outcomes.
Here’s what we expect from you as a Principal Software Engineer / Delivery Lead:
Act as a strategic consultant to clients, in a way that demystifies complexity, demonstrating expertise in the engineering, architecting, testing, and deploying of software at-scale
Collaborate with a small-cross functional team to recommend approaches and strategies that put clients, their products, and customers on a path to success while skillfully guiding the team in navigating the structures of our clients’ organizations
Deliver clean code with no regular need for review or rework using modern software principles (DRY, YAGNI), paradigms (object-oriented, functional), and patterns (creational, structural, behavioral) that contribute to the team’s sprint goals
Coach and mentor engineers on your team with empathy and unblock them when they need support overcoming a technical challenge
Partner with Client Strategists and members of your team to manage expectations on work product, in a way that ensures that clients love working with us
Foster a spirit of continuous improvement applying learnings from past engagements, delivering value incrementally and often, and putting people at the center of the work
Cultivate psychological safety and a sense of community on your team and nurture a culture rooted in Clockwork’s core values
Push Clockwork forward by setting and directing the software engineering community of practice, ensuring code quality, introducing new approaches, technologies, and inventing new concepts and creations
Our tech stack
- Languages: HTML, Sass, CSS, TypeScript, PHP, Dart
- Frameworks: Vue, React, Angular, Foundation, Bootstrap, Tailwind, Flutter
- Design systems: Material design libraries, Atomic design
- Content management systems: Wordpress, Drupal, Craft, Contentful, HubSpot
- eCommerce: Shopify, WooCommerce, Big Commerce
- Version control: git, Bitbucket, GitHub
- Hosting and infrastructure: Amazon Web Services, Pantheon, Acquia, Netlify
- Bonus points for experience in test-driven development, NPM, Webpack, .NET, Java, static site generators, and testing (unit tests, BackstopJS, end-to-end testing)
Candidates who have experience with our tech stack are in an ideal position to deliver value to our clients. We also want to hear from you if you are passionate about learning and have experience delivering high-quality software with similar technologies.
For 19 years, Clockwork has delivered human-centered experiences and right-sized solutions to clients across a variety of industries through a promise of digital done right. We are a values-driven organization: we tell the truth and keep our promises; we’re helpful, adaptable, curious, and fueled by challenge.
We aim to create an inclusive and respectful workplace for diverse humans. We know that diversity of identities, experiences, and ways of thinking results in better solutions for our clients, and the people they serve. And with each new hire is an opportunity for us to bring in a different perspective that can add to our company culture. Underrepresented communities such as people of color, women, LGBTQ, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply for this job.
In addition to our award-winning company culture, we also offer great benefits like:
- A remote-friendly work environment with an iconic headquarters in Northeast Minneapolis that you can work from if you want to (at least when it’s safe to do so)
- 401k and employer matching program
- Healthcare, dental, and vision coverage
- Family-friendly policies like flexible working schedules, babies-at-work
- Professional development time and budget
- A leadership team focused on implementing a race-equity vision
- A flexible work schedule that encourages ample PTO and sustainable working pace