Pantheon Community

Cannot clone repo - Invalid Path

I am not sure if this is the correct place for this, but I am new to pantheon and am trying to clone our repo locally and it doesnt want to check anything out.
I get the following error :

remote: Counting objects: 71501, done.
remote: Compressing objects: 100% (22025/22025), done.
remote: Total 71501 (delta 49101), reused 70911 (delta 48703)
Receiving objects: 100% (71501/71501), 112.92 MiB | 11.16 MiB/s, done.
Resolving deltas: 100% (49101/49101), done.
error: invalid path 'wp-content/themes/compare/:'
fatal: unable to checkout working tree
warning: Clone succeeded, but checkout failed.

Tried creating a new folder, using a bash shell, no dice.
I am using Windows.

Anyone seen this?

Playing catch up here! Looks like you are already working with someone on our support team. Glad you are getting some help @brett.howells.

Hi Brett!

Welcome to the forums and welcome to Pantheon. :party-cat:

That is very odd to be encountering that. My first question on this would be what version of Git are you running? The other would be does it happen with any other repos or just this one that wants to give troubles?

I was somewhat able to find a possible solution ( https://stackoverflow.com/a/63742773 ) because I do want to really understand what is going on with that part. It looks like the repo does have what looks to be either a file or folder named : inside of the themes/compare that may be causing that hassle.

Hopefully that helps steer you in the right direction though!

Do let us know

Yes, it looks like that is what its complaining about.
So I am guessing that the issue is that Windows doesn’t like folders called “:”?

Pantheon helped us to transfer the code to this repo, so do you guys know why there would be a folder called that?
I do not see it when I connect via FTP to one of the servers…

Off the top of my head, the one thing that comes to mind would be that it was created before it was migrated. What application are you using to connect via SFTP?

I am using FileZilla.

Odd.

It should be showing everything in the themes/compare directory. I’ve seen something similar where the file name began with a single quote. May have to sort by name to see that.

It should be here, right?
I do see a .vs folder, but that should be ok.

Ah I see now. That view is the tree view so that means the : is a file in that case.

The one you want to look at is in the files view inside of the folder.

AHA! Found it!

Nice!

You should be able to delete that in Dev via SFTP and that may just allow you to finally clone that down locally to the Windows machine :smiley:

1 Like