Pantheon Community

Ask me why I was on TV in 7th grade

Full Name: Jose Castaneda
Title/Occupation: Customer Success Engineer
Fun Fact: I failed Spanish 2 in High School.
Twitter Handle: joemcasta
LinkedIn Profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/jmcastaneda/
Instagram Handle: jmcasta85

Greetings and many salutations, I’m Jose, Customer Success Engineer, father of one, brother to 7 siblings, random fact lover, not the greatest at drawing stick figures. I’ve been at Pantheon for a little over a year now. I do my best to pass along WordPress knowledge and things I’ve learned over the years. I am a very open book. I love to laugh a lot, like probably what some may say is an unhealthy amount since I do laugh at everything. I have a very positive attitude toward a lot of things since Negative Nancy is not a role model I want to be for my son.

When I’m not working I love to do a lot of things. I have to keep active in some way. I play flamenco guitar, random video games, love to draw, sometimes I’ll read random books - some of my favorite ones are coffee table books- some days will be just cleaning, and sometimes I will hop on the WordPress support forums to help people with some of the issues they may encounter. I also have days when I make a trip out to the beach or Yosemite for a hike. I’ve always been active. Took second place in an International Karate tournament when I was younger. I listen to all sorts of music, I love movies. Horror and thrillers make me laugh so I can’t watch those in theaters unless I know it won’t be a packed room. Don’t want to ruin it for those there with my laughter.

Before I joined Pantheon, I was at Elegant Themes for a bit, Maintainn, WP Site Care, and Starbucks. I am considered a coffee snob by my sister and some of my teammates and I’m okay with that since I did work at Starbucks for nine years slinging lattes, and many, many French Presses were sampled while I did my time there. I picked up a lot of things along the way and got to meet some really cool people and got some funny stories too.

So ask away! :smiley:

2 Likes

Hiiiii @jose.castaneda :wave:

Thanks so much for sharing a little about yourself! Your fun fact made me laugh out loud because I failed German twice. You would think being a :world_map: traveler that I would pick up some kind of language, but nope this gal is challenged in that area!

Anyways, I am also a coffee enthusiast! I haven’t quite mastered the art at home yet, but you can pretty much guarantee that wherever I go I know all the BEST coffee spots!! Thanks to @katie.richards a few months ago I bought this super neat pour over coffee roaster! :coffee: Can you share some brewing 101 tips? Working at Starbucks for that long–I am sure you have a few!

1 Like

OHHHHHH ALSO–WHY WERE YOU ON TV!? [please hold, grabbing some popcorn]

1 Like

The reason I was able to land a spot on TV was because at the time the class I was taking was video editing. I was lucky enough to see how a lot of things were edited on PBS in that class. We made a super oddball video for a Beach Boys song and we even made cardboard waves and had two people moving them to simulate the motion.

As for coffee tips, always keep an eye on your temps. Too hot and you burn your coffee. Too cold and you won’t be able to extract all its flavors. The things that do control a lot of that are also the grind. Too coarse and you need more time, too fine and you’ll need to use a very fine filter.

2 Likes

Ohhhh snaps! Sooooo where does this video of yours live? Asking for a friend :slight_smile:

+111 to those coffee brewing tips! Thanks for sharing!!

1 Like

If you can find it, let me know 'cause I’ve wondered about it since that was out too. :rofl:

2 Likes

YESSS find that bad boy & pleaseee share!! :crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Hi @jose.castaneda! I’d love to know what drew you into flamenco vs any other style of guitar. You might be the first person I’ve met that plays flamenco!

1 Like

What drew me to that was me wanting to learn to play classical guitar. My dad has one that I sort of borrowed and would pluck. A friend suggested learning flamenco so I bought like 5+ books and read up on the history of it. It helped a lot when I cut my left ring finger because I didn’t want to go in for physical therapy.

In turn it did help me in playing classical guitar because the tremolo was the one thing I wasn’t proficient at.

2 Likes