Pantheon Community

Ask Me How I Make Homemade Pasta or Anything Else!

Hey there! I’m Juliet Eke, Outbound Business Development Rep at Pantheon. I’m coming up on my one year anniversary here on the sales team. My primary focus is reaching out to suitable new customers for Pantheon to support and help grow.

Before joining Pantheon, I worked for a political non-profit organization in Florida where I registered young voters, planned and led student events, and campaigned for the gubernatorial election. Working in politics has really set me up in sales to have a fire in my belly, thick skin, and better social skills!

When I’m not talking WebOps or Presidential candidates, you can find me on my bike, laying by the ocean, or making pasta!

Ask me anything!

6 Likes

Hi @juleseke! Welcome to the community! :smiley:

I definitely want to know about making pasta – my pandemic skill has been learning to make pizza from scratch and I’ve been eyeing pasta lately. Any good recipes or tips for a newbie?

Also, what kind of bike do you have? Can we see pics? Here’s my baby:

2 Likes

Hi @juleseke! I, too, come from a background in the non-profit world. What are the biggest differences and similarities you see between the non-profit space and the fast paced tech space?

2 Likes

Welcome to the community @juleseke :wave:

Like @sparklingrobots I am dying to know how to make homemade pasta! I recently learned how to master Pad Thai which I must add is my all-time favorite food! I am counting down the days until I can jet-set off to Thailand & eat all the things! :shallow_pan_of_food:

:point_up_2: Ignore the extremely awful photo quality! But YUMMM! Is 9AM too early to make dinner? Asking for a friend :wink:

Also one more question! How can we partner together to bring more awesome sales people like yourself to our community? We all know you bring a wealth of knowledge!

2 Likes

Thanks for the warm welcome! I’m happy to be here. :smiley:

Pizza sounds wonderful, I’d love to start making some. One of the reasons I love making pasta is the sheer simplicity of it. I use 2 cups of flour, 3 eggs, a healthy pinch of salt, and of course some love and that’s it! While I’m letting the dough rest, I make sauce from cooking down whole Italian canned tomatoes, salt, garlic, and basil. I also like making ravioli since my big brother gifted me a handmade ravioli stamp - I’ve used it to make whipped ricotta and lemon stuffed ravioli. :yum:

Love your bike!! I have a Giant Contend - here she is.

2 Likes

Hi @juleseke,

Congrats on your one year anniversary at Pantheon! Love that you make homemade pasta… Like @sparklingrobots & @McKennaR, would love some recipes. During your first year at Pantheon, what do you consider one of your biggest wins during your first year here? How have you stayed connected with your team during the Pandemic?

1 Like

Hi @katie.richards! That’s awesome to hear you also come from a background in non-profits, I’d love to talk to you more about that. I think an important similarity between the two is how mission-driven they both are, and the passion I’ve witnessed in my colleagues working for the non-profit and for Pantheon holds the same intense fire to reach for that mission. To be honest, no major differences come to mind. I think they’re similar in a lot of ways and would say technology can really compliment the non-profit space! Would love to hear what differences you’ve felt between the two!

1 Like

That looks absolutely delicious - Yum! Homemade pasta is so easy, everyone should give it a try. I love it because it’s literally just eggs and flour - so simple. The fun part is deciding what shape you want. I usually go for a tagliatelle thickness, and it’s perfect for holding my simple tomato sauce.

Also, it is NEVER too early to make dinner! Thanks for the question :). Someone I was interviewing with once told me that their main focus is to hire “good people”. If you hire good people, the role will come. I think there’s some truth in this! Part of what drew me to Pantheon was my alignment with the company’s values - I think that’s super important!

1 Like

Thanks Adrianna! I told @sparklingrobots and @McKennaR it’s all about the simplicity and some love, but I’d love to send over some recipes!

One of my biggest wins during my first year has definitely been hitting my quota. It was a bit of a struggle to get there, but I’ve seen a lot of personal improvement, and the support from my team and managers has been incredible. I’m very lucky to work alongside each and every one of them.

One of my favorite ways I’ve stayed connected to my team during the pandemic has been a zoom meeting/ call to step back from work and share anything on our minds! I have a weekly scheduled lunch with one of my colleagues where we eat together and discuss life updates.

2 Likes

What a beauty!

Thanks for the pasta tips! That whipped ricotta and lemon ravioli sounds amazing.

Here’s my fave pizza dough recipe at the moment. Instead of water I use the whey you get after making ricotta at home – super tasty. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi @juleseke, nice to meet you! Do your pasta-making roots go back to childhood, or is it something you picked up as an adult? I make pasta as well and learned the craft from my grandmother; great to meet another pasta-maker. As a mostly vegetarian family, we adopted making pasta as a Thanksgiving tradition. Gets kinda wacky with all the kids involved, but it’s fun!

Where is the most interesting place (to you) that you’ve biked?

1 Like

Hi Carolyn! Nice to meet you as well - thanks for sharing this picture, I love it. I’ve picked up making pasta as an adult, but my mom has always been big on cooking/baking/homemade - she has her own business for this so I think she rubbed off on me :wink:.

One of the most interesting places I’ve biked has been a wonderful little trail north of Tampa, FL. It was my last ride with my friends before I moved to California and is a super fond memory of mine. The path was shady, green, and full of wildlife!

2 Likes

@carolyn this photo is bringing me LIFE! I love this captured moment of joy so much!!! :heart:

1 Like

Okay I am like 3 days late—SORRY!

But thanks for responding Jules! I didn’t know it was that easy to make homemade pasta :brain: :fireworks: [ :arrow_backward: couldn’t find the mind blown emoji so that will have to work]

I think I am going to try this next week & pop back snap a photo to share!

2 Likes

I’m just loving reading this thread and it is inspiring me to make pasta! My wife bought a pasta machine to roll our own, but we haven’t used it yet. I’ve been diving deep into the sourdough world with a starter and cold fermenting and all that jazz. It’s super fun and really amazing what you can do with some simple ingredients so I think pasta is definitely next on my list. No bike pictures, but here is some sourdough:

4 Likes

Thanks for sharing @CodeChefMarc! What a beautiful loaf of bread - I really need to start making some bread, especially since it’s so nice to have some crunchy slices with your pasta. Hope your first pasta experience goes well. How cool is it that we’re able to make something like bread and pasta from only a couple of ingredients? Speaking of sourdough, I came across this article a while back and thought it was incredibly fascinating. Enjoy the bread!

1 Like

YUMMM! All I have to say is it’s 5 o’clock somewhere. That bread is making me want to eat all the sourdough & homemade meatballs! :baguette_bread:

1 Like

That’ll be my next project, meatballs! I just watched all of YouTuber Alex French Guy Cooking series on meatballs (he’s a little nuts, but I love his series) and he dove deep into different methods for making them and even traveled around the world (when you could do that sort of thing!) to visit other chefs with their own cultural take on meatballs. If anyone is interested: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLURsDaOr8hWWt59j2IJlPADnmU6SS-tEk