Pantheon Community

Ask Me How I Help Brands Grow!

Hi I’m Lissa!

I am a growth strategist, marketer, entrepreneur and coach who has helped more than 70 brands, startups and founders create success. Currently, I’m the Head of Growth for EBY, a female empowerment and intimates apparel company co-founded by Sofia Vergara. I absolutely love to travel (50 countries and counting) and play basketball, softball and AFL every chance I get!

Ask Me Anything about startups, marketing, sports, or travel. Ready? Let’s Go! :point_down:

:eyes: For all the Modern Family fans out there–peep Sofia Vergara!

1 Like

Hey @lissar ! :wave:

Thanks so much for hosting our AMA this week :slight_smile: Well, and of course for putting up with me all of these years [yes, we are related community friends]!

I know you’re a jack of all trades when it comes to #marketing! Out of curiosity, what advice do you have for someone who is looking to step into a marketing role? Also, I know your company recently went into a major relaunch for your ecommerce site. What takeaways did you learn from that experience?

Hi, Lissa!

Thanks so much for participating in our WebOps Wednesday tradition. :smiley:

Two (okay, two and a half) questions for you:

Which country would you most recommend as a destination & why?

Any recommendations for best ways to measure the impact of a brand’s website?

Tara

1 Like

Thanks @McKennaR. I guess you’re alright :wink:

Advice for someone looking to get into marketing is to just do it. There are tons of YouTube videos and courses to teach you how and tools to try out. Ask brands for opportunities to intern or work on projects for a small fee or for free as you work on your skills.

Major relaunch - we treat relaunches and new product releases the same. It’s all about communication. Managing the change for your customers (current and potential) is critical to success. There is no such thing as too little communication.

1 Like

@sparklingrobots

Thanks for your 2.5 questions :slight_smile:

Country - I like to recommend countries based on what people like. What’s your ideal type of vacation? Are you a forest or beach person? Planned or spontaneous?

Measure Impact - The metrics you want to look at depends on your goal. For example, if you are an e-commerce brand, you’ll want to look at conversion rate %. If you are a content brand, you might want to look at the time spent on-site or average pages viewed. If you are a course platform, you may look at lessons completed or courses enrolled. What kind of website do you want to evaluate?

2 Likes

It’s all about communication. Managing the change for your customers (current and potential) is critical to success. There is no such thing as too little communication.

:fu:t5: Heck yes to that @lissar! I agree there is no such thing as “too little” communication. I am working on a big project right now, and I have definitely learned first hand just how powerful cross-collaboration and small sprints are.

We recently adopted what we call the “6 Keys of WebOps.” We believe these keys are critical to the overall success of a web team.

• MEASURE success
  • ITERATE on high-value features
  • COLLABORATE within and across disciplines
  • AUTOMATE repetitive and error prone tasks
  • MAINTAIN critical dependencies
  • OPTIMIZE performance

I know you have experience working on a variety of web teams. Curious what your thoughts are on these! Do they resonate with you?

Also you can read a little more about our keys here :slight_smile: