Okay, so I have an ongoing issue that is DRIVING me crazy. I have reached to Pantheon support multiple times any they are unable to replicate the issue.
1.) Login to Pantheon site dashboard do to >Connection Info > Open in SFTP client > Mac OS defaults to Cyberduck.
2.) Connection is established.
3.) I have a specific folder in /files/ that I am attempting to add images to.
4.) Almost EVERY time I first attempt to upload files Cyberduck is throwing an error message: No such file. Please contact your web hosting service provider for assistance.
Eventually, if I disconnect and reconnect. Or, refresh the sFTP window 10-15 times in a row, the file will eventually upload.
THINGS TO NOTE
- I am running the latest version of Cyberduck on the latest version of Mac OS.
- I have used both ssh key method and user/pass method for making the connection.
- I have uninstalled and re-installed Cyberduck app.
- I have experienced this issue from multiple locations (work, home, etc.)
- I have also had same thing on FileZilla.
-I was able to use Transmit 5 trial without any issues, but would really prefer to stay with Cyberduck.
I have fooled around in the CD settings but am not finding anything that seems to help.
Does anyone have any ideas here???
Here is a quick video of my problem: