Pantheon Community

Accessing Pantheon sites via Alfred

This is extremely unimportant – just something I was curious about. :slight_smile:

I like using the app Alfred to quickly access apps and run preconfigured commands that integrate with apps like Spotify, Google Drive, and Philips Hue. One of its options is a custom search using a keyword and a query – for example, I can type jquery {query} to open a new browser tab that goes directly to https://api.jquery.com/{query}.

I would love to be able to do that for Pantheon sites by typing something like pantheon {site-name}, but since Pantheon sites’ dashboard URLs are based on the alphanumeric site ID, rather than the site name, I don’t have a way to do that.

There isn’t an alternate way to access Pantheon site dashboards by name, is there, or any other method through which an Alfred integration could possibly work? Again, this isn’t something I’d expect to see prioritized at all, but I’m curious if anyone has any ideas on if/how it might work.

1 Like

Terminus allows you to open site dashboards from CLI, for instance:

terminus dashboard:view {site-name}

Maybe you could hook that up to Alfred with a script action?

3 Likes

Genius! That absolutely works. Thanks for pointing that out – I didn’t realize Terminus had that capability either!